Shopping Cart


Your shopping bag is empty

Go to the shop

Candle Care and Safety

Candle Care and Safety

Candles are a relaxing, mood enhancing addition to our living spaces. Caring for them is important so you maximize the best burn and candle life possible AND keep your home safe.

The Very First Burn

The first time you light your candle matters a lot. It is important to allow your candle enough time to melt fully across the top. Candles have memory and a partially melted top will affect every burn of the candle thereafter. A candle tends to tunnel and not burn to its full potential if not fully melted that first burn. 

Trim the Wick!

Before each burn, trim the wick to ensure best results and to avoid a flame getting too big. Wick trimmers work well or simply pinch off the charred portion of the wooden wick and discard. 

Burn 3-4 Hours

Candles are meant to burn in increments of three to four hours. Burning candles longer than this reduces the life and is not safe candle burning practice.

Non-flammable Surfaces

Our candle jars have thick bottoms which is helpful for protecting furniture and surfaces they are placed upon. Even so, ALWAYS ensure surfaces are not flammable or sensitive to heat. Our candle tins should not be placed on surfaces that cannot withstand heat. A candle plate is a great way to protect surfaces when using tins, which are thinner than our glass jars. Placing a candle on an unprotected surface could result in a burn mark or cause fire. Never leave a candle unattended.

Keep Away From Drafts, Children & Pets

Open windows, fans, etc. create drafts that cause candles to burn improperly and can impact the safety of a candle. Be mindful where you place your candles for burning. Seems obvious, but keep candles away from children, pets or anything flammable!

 NEVER Leave Unattended

Always keep burning candles within your sight. They should never be left unattended.